Managing FTP Files and Storage in your Account
Managing files in your FTP is crucial for efficiency and prevents reaching quota. Follow our recommended file infrastructure set-up here. To view your account’s quotas, follow this guide.
- Use an FTP client like FileZilla to login and delete files/folders. FileZIlla has the ability to search on files in folders with different search criteria.
- Press F3 on your keyboard (or go to the Server tab). You can then enter the criteria to delete files in bulk (see example below):
- You can configure automatic clean-up for mail after a specified number of days using the “Delete mail after ___ days” option on the Setup tab or per individual mail.
- your mail will be cleaned immediately upon saving and then cleaned again when specified in your settings.
- Delete individual files or whole folders that are no longer needed from the Files tab
Upcoming File Retention Policy Update
Hosted~FTP~ will be adding a file retention policy feature starting at the Enterprise T2 bundle. The file retention feature will allow the administrator to setup preconditions for files and when a file meets the criteria, it will automatically be deleted. For more information about file retention or upcoming features with Hosted~FTP~, contact us for more information.